Happy New Year

















Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, with hopes that 2011 will bring you much joy, good health and riches beyond your wildest dreams.

Personally, looking at what is already in place for 2011 I know that it's going to be a great year. We have our second grandchild being born on February 18th, a little girl, who I will be able to cuddle and snuggle with once again. Our grandson Owen is to busy to spend much time in Gram's lap, unless I happen to put Elmo on the TV of course. I am also looking forward to a trip to Jamaica in July for my nephew Dan and his fiance Sara's wedding. It will be wonderful to spend some time with my nieces, nephews, Dad and brother and sister in law. We are planning a weekend in Ottawa to watch Adam play with the Ottawa 67's and hopefully have time to visit some of Jeff's wonderful family while there as well. A week in August will be spent at Skeleton Lake with Jeff of course, which is so very relaxing that my knotted up shoulder and neck muscles start to relax just thinking about it!

The year will fly by, as it seems to do these days. The older I get, the quicker it goes! I hope that my MS will stay relatively quiet, as it has been this past month or two. I have finally started to listen to my body, am trying to sleep when my body tells me to, and go like hell when feeling good! Some decline for sure, but at least its been slow...that pace I can handle. My daughter Jess is dating a new man, named Andrew whom both Jeff and I like, and they have really clicked as a couple. I wish them much happiness together as they continue to get to know each other.

I am also going to try and savour every moment of joy in everything I do, whether it is stitching away at a sampler, watching the birds in the feeder, or playing with my grandson. I will try to have more patience and be more accepting of others, and less critical. In doing so, I hope to become a better person, which is something that we all should strive for I think.

As the saying goes, "The little things are the big things".

Wooly hugs, Trudy

Comments

  1. Hope you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trudy, sorry to hear about Buddy. :-( Happy to hear that you are managing your health :-) Keep listening. Your house looked lovely for Christmas, so cozy! You have a wonderful family, such a true blessing. Happy New Year, it's going to be a good one. Hugs from Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...