A sad loss for our family this week.


























We had to say goodbye to our 16 1/2 year old dog Buddy this week. He was such a good dog who never in all of his long life bit or even growled at another person or animal in his life. We chose Buddy from a litter of 8 puppies about 20 hours after he was born. At that time he was the biggest one in the litter...about the size of a pound of butter! What fun he was for the kids growing up. He didn't know that he was just a little dog, and would bark ferociously whenever someone came to the door. He loved to go in the car, and loved going to Coe Hill with us for the weekend, where he could run a explore through the forests. Given his age, its been quite awhile since he ran, or even walked anywhere. At the end he was blind, and deaf, and his sense of smell was gone. He still loved his treats though, and he like snuggling next to Mable by the fireplace in the mornings. Even though we knew that his time was up for really about the last month, and we had given him lots of extra love and treats during this time, it was still very sad at the end.

He is now resting with dignity under our beautiful Ivory Silk tree in the backyard.
Goodbye old friend, we are missing you very much.

Wooly hugs, Trudy


Comments

  1. I'm so sorry Trudy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh trudy, I am so sorry for your loss...he sounds like a wonderful companion for everyone and that you gave him a very happy life!

    I'm still missing my Chester after nine months...some buddies just burrow so deep into our hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a loved one and I can tell Buddy was truly loved.
    Take comfort in you gave Buddy a wonderful life .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. May your Buddy rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes for you. I hope each day gets a little better. Take care.
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss.....,He was a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trudy,
    My heart aches with yours. Monday, I had to have Frieda, my 18-year-old blonde terrier mix, put down. She wasn't eating much and I had a difficult time getting her to drink. In fact, she was so dehydrated that the vet had trouble finding a vein.

    Freida was a rescue. I had answered an ad for a border terrier but when I got to the foster mom's place. it was obvious she had terrier in her but she was far from being a border terrier. She had just finished her heartworm treatment and looked at me with her soulful, brown eyes. She came to live with me on the farm and joined a JRT and an Airedale sleeping on my bed, but had to use a step stool to get up there.

    She never liked the horses and stayed away from the barn. But she loved the four acres and chasing squirrels.

    She was the last of my dogs from my farm life and moved to the city with me. I never heard her bark in all the years I owned her. She loved to curl up on my lap and snuggle. That was her thing.

    I had her cremated so when I buy my next place, I can have her with me. So I am sitting here with you, crying. I know it will get better but I never thought I would end up back in the city and only own one dog and one horse.

    Her buddy, Dottie, my Corgi, is still wondering where she is. She shares my grief as I share yours. She is with your Buddy over the Rainbow Bridge, pain free and happy.

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, Trudy. I am so sorry for your loss. No matter how prepared we think we are, losing a loved one is just darn difficult. Allegra's been gone for a year already and I miss her daily. It sounds like Buddy had a great life with you...and a long one. Lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so sad for your loss. What a sad way to start the holidays. Hope the memories of the fun times will stay with you forever. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...