Blogs and Vacation..we're back!!




My gosh, it's been over a month since I blogged?? I cannot believe it!! Well we were away for two weeks at an island cottage that didn't have Internet, and I spent the week before we left getting packed, and I guess the past few days since our return have been spent recovering...so that explains it!

I have some pictures from our very quiet holiday. Just Jeff, me and the two dogs for two weeks. Jeff did a lot of fishing, I did a lot of reading and cooking, and we both ate our heads off and napped too much! All of these pictures are of sunsets, no sunrises for this lazy girl!

Poor old Buddy packed away in the truck like a suitcase!


The view from our deck.

The view from our deck.

Jeff and his fish.








More Jeff and his fish!








The weather wasn't very warm and it rained almost every day, but we managed to have nice evenings for fishing and sunsets.


The only picture of me while we were away...contemplating life, or trying to figure out how to get at the wild blueberries growing along the shore!

I did a little stitchery while at the cottage, and left it on the wall for Al who generously shares his beautiful spot with us every year.

He emailed me right away to thank me for it. That would indicate to me that he has some sort of Internet on the island, so next time I will be taking a laptop:)

My daughter Jessica has started a blog called Powdered Sugar and I just love it. She has always liked to play in the kitchen too, and she has gotten adventurous enough to blog about it.

Jess and Owen.

Adam flies back to us next week, and I can't wait to see him. He has been gone since April, and the house has been very quiet without him. Hockey camp doesn't start until the 26th so we have time for visiting and playing before hockey.

Son Jake and daughter-in-law Kerri were good enough to have the grandparents over for dinner Sunday night, so we got a great meal, and a visit with baby Owen as well! I missed the little guy while we were away; he seemed to have grown by several inches in just two weeks!

Well as much as I would dearly love to write more, but I somehow hurt my lower back last night, and today I can barely move for the pain. I cannot spend much time on the computer as I would like to...I have a ton of blogs to catch up on, but it will have to wait until this pain eases.


Wooly hugs, Trudy

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! The pictures are beautiful...looks so peaceful by the lake, even in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trudy~
    Oh what beautiful pictures from you time away. It all looks so peaceful and relaxing. I got a good chuckle out of seing your little doggie tucked in there with all the luggage. :)

    Thank you so, so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I lovingly accept all the cyber hugs you can send! LOL! You're caring and thoughtful comments lifted my spirits.

    Now, I'm off to visit your daughter's new blog. I love the name of it! She must be thoughtfully creative like you. :)
    Hugs & blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, the link tp my blog has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, the link didn't work and I see now that it's changed. I'll be watching for a new link.
    I also wanted to tell you that the stitchery you made for your friend is so sweet and thoughtful of you.
    You're a sweetie!
    Hugs~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Trudy ~ so glad to see you're back to blogging ~ wonderful vacation pictures ~ and I, too, love the stitchery ~ a sweet gift to leave for your friend!! Hope your vacation left you feeling well and rested!!
    your online friend,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trudy,
    Beautiful photos from your vacation :) I love taking photos of the water and sky when we're out and truly appreciate seeing others views :)

    Great stitchery, too. Perfect gift! I recently made up a little log cabin stitchery for wonderful folks who share their cabin with us, too :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Trudy...what gorgeous photos! And, your grandson...holy schmoly...is he getting big! What a cutie-pie! Hope your back eases up...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the most gorgeous pictures Trudy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trudy, your vacation pictures are beautiful. Even with the rain, it looks like you were definitely in "God's Country."

    I can't get over how much little Owen has grown! You must have missed him terribly while you were gone.

    I'm hoping your back pain has eased by now. The last time I blew my back out (thank you, sciatica), I was miserable for 5 days. The blogs will wait until you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:33 PM

    What beautiful pictures. Looks like a wonderful place to vacation. I just found your blog and so glad you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to update your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful blog i love the pictures....and we visit the same places....am in Ozarks..and am a crafter too...mother of 4 grown kids and 8 and half grandkids..so my life is full...but I have 3 blogs that i love to work on...drop by and see them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet picture of your puppy amongst the luggage! Looks like a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...