Flowers and recipes


My now 15 week old grandson Owen trying out some new toys!


Some pictures of baby Owen at his first wedding on the weekend. We got to look after him on Friday, and he is really growing so fast. He is no longer content to lie back in his bouncy chair, he wants to sit up! I had to visit some yard sales on the weekend to get a couple of age appropriate items for the poor baby:)


Daddy and Baby Owen


Kerri, Jake and Owen


Is this shindig almost over? I am getting tired:(


Daddy's magic finger helping me to fall asleep.


Ahh, sleep at last...now Mommy and Daddy can have some fun!

Our weather here has been overcast/rainy/cold with the occasional nice day thrown in. The Mama duck is still sitting on her nest in my front garden so I haven't been able to get in there to clean and trim plants. She is spending all of her time on the nest now, so it must be soon time for her babies to arrive.


My honeysuckle vine has started to flower.


My horse chestnut tree in full bloom.

Now, a couple of recipes for you. I'll add a link to them for my sidebar too!



Stuffed Green Peppers


Recipe By : bettyjboop
Servings : 6
Prep time : 20 min.

Ingredients:
6 green bell peppers
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef


1/2 cup of uncooked rice, rinsed until water is almost clear
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
sour cream for garnish, optional

Directions:
Wash peppers. Cut off tops and remove seeds. Season cavities lightly with salt and pepper. Finely chop pepper tops and place in large bowl. Add onion, ground beef, rice egg, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic to bowl with pepper tops. Mix well. Stuff peppers lightly with meat mixture because rice will expand.


If you have any leftover meat filling, form it into meatballs. Place peppers and any meatballs in a small slow cooker. Mix together tomato sauce and sugar and pour over peppers. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs. This also can be cooked in a 350 degree oven for 1 hr. Serve peppers with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.



Kahlua Pie

spring form pan
1 package (bag) of Chunky chip ahoy cookies
2 tubs of cool whip (your choice)
4 chocolate bars (I use crispy crunch)
Kahlua or Milk (I just use milk)

In the spring form pan, break up the cookies and lay at bottom, add Kahlua or milk make sure its enough to cover the cookies.. but don't soak them, then add the cool whip (1 tub) spread evenly. Break up 2 choc. bars and then sprinkle on top, then add the 2nd container of cool whip over the chocolate bars. Sprinkle the other 2 crushed chocolate bars on the top of this final layer.

Put in freezer for a day.. and there you go! you are finished!

Note: if you are watching your weight you can use the no fat cool whip:)

I have not been particularily busy with anything these days. I got a walker at the yard sales about a month ago, and it has been a great help with walking. I don't tip over quite as often if I have something to steady me. I was even able to go on the Great Strides walk for CF. My gorgeous niece Sarah, and my sweet great-nephew Ryder are pictured below. Sarah, Jamie and Ryder have been through so much with the news that Ryder carries the genes for CF, and also not active yet, they will be at some point. Although we sent a little donation, I wanted to DO something, so I showed up on the 'walk' day with my walker, and winter jacket on. It was only 1 1/2 weeks ago, but it actually snowed a bit that day!




I have lots of projects on the go, but haven't finished anything. Poking in the gardens a bit, but really I can't seem to settle down to do anything properly. Maybe if we get some nice weather, I will get organized! So no pictures of any merit craftwise at least.

Finishing with a picture of my DD Jess, just because I think that she is turning into a very strong, beautiful, loyal, funny, young woman:) Love you Jess!


Wooly hugs, Trudy

Comments

  1. Your little grandson is adorable! Thanks for the recipes they sound delicious.
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, Trudy. I can't get over how fast Owen is growing. They sure don't stay little for long. And Jess? Yes, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trudy, boy has owen grown!! Jess is beautiful!! I like your plants. Let me know when te baby ducks arrive. I will try your Kahlua pie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Love seeing your family pictures! And I'm glad you've been hitting those yard sales and trying to get a bit of gardening done. You never seem to stay still very long...you're always busy!
    Hugs,
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Trudy. And on my blog list I had your blog written as Bits of Wool-Alice's blog!!! Why didn't you say anything? Maybe you never noticed either!?!? I can't believe that mistake. I fixed it though. come and see me, I'm having a give away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your recipes Trudy.

    Enjoyed your family photos!! What an adorable grandson!!!

    ~Neenee~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...