Sunday

Today we went to daughter-in-law Kerri's baby shower. Kerri's Mom Julie organized every single thing, and all I had to do was show up! It does not get easier accepting that I can't do as much as I would like to, but at least I'm trying. I did get to help clean up a little after, but that was about it. The weather was kind of yucky with a ton of snow falling, but at least it wasn't too cold.

Kerri hates games, so this shower was pretty quiet. Kerri's Mom had a ton of food, and Kerri received a lot of beautiful gifts. We got them a glider and ottoman set for the babies room. It was a nice shower, and not to long. Of course, I had to pig out on a huge piece of that cake, a corner piece too:)



The yummy cake:




Kerri opening gifts


My niece Sarah, great-nephew Ryder and my sis-in-law Syvia


Me and little Ryder...who is not so little; almost 18 lbs. and not quite 6 months! He was so good today, he never fussed once.











Now we are heading over to Jake and Kerri's to watch the UFC and to drop off the carload of gifts that wouldn't fit into Kare's car. We will fill up on some of the leftovers from the shower. I think that I will have gained five pounds this weekend just from all of the goodies.

Here is a pic of the littler stitchery I made for Kerri's Mom, Julie. Just a little thank you to her for all of her work.




20 more days to go for Kerri, hopefully the little guy comes on time, or earlier, Kerri is more than ready. I'm still crocheting the baby blanket, so he had better stay inside for a few more days:)

Comments

  1. Hi Trudy ~ you look good ~ great picture of the gramma!!! Looks like the mama to be is more than ready, too!!!
    Happy baby to you all!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...you look wonderful and how blessed you are! I think your DIL is ready to go any day:)
    Have a great evening and I'm sure you will get the baby blanket done.
    Rondell
    PS love the stitchery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy, the shower for Kerri looks lovely and I'm sure she'll treasure each and every gift she received. But I'm blown away by how pretty and wonderful you look --- especially since I know you haven't been feeling all that well. Kerri will make a good mother but you're going to be a fantastic grandmother!!

    The stitchery you made for Kerri's mom is precious. And a PS to you.....I go for the corner of the cake too (more frosting!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stitchery. The shower looks lovely, and you look a proud gran-mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little treat for you on my blog - come see!

    By the way, it looks like the shower was fun! This is number 3 for me (16 days to go!), so I don't get another shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Trudy

    WOW...what fun you all have! I cannot believe that you'll be a Grammy in less than 3 weeks!!! Everybody looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trudy,
    Yum the corner piece of the cake is the best! I love your grandparent stitchery!That baby will be here soon! have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trudy, looks like you all had a great shower and I love the stitched piece for grandma. That reminds me. I have a great niece due in February. I'd better get busy with the rag quilt! I'm doing pink flowers and pink camo material. Her daddy's a manly man fire fighter/hunter/fisherman. He'll like it too.
    Hope you're feeling OK. Winter's a bitch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...