These past few days...



This is why we put up with such long winters....autumn in Ontario is a beautiful thing.



Some pictures of Adam on his birthday last Sunday, blowing out the 17 candles; don't count them cause I think that there are only 12.



Waiting for his ride at 7:45am for fitness before school; Mable left our warm bed to keep him company. She loves him so much already, it's like he has been with us for 6 months, not 6 weeks.



We went to Norwood on Friday night to go out to dinner for chinese with hubby's Mom and Dad, they are so cute! I cannot believe that Bert is going to be 77 in two weeks, I only hope that my Jeff ages that well.





My brother-in-law Art who happened to be standing in my doorway on Saturday, and I couldn't resist a picture. Little did he know that he had lined himself up perfectly with the moose antlers on the wall!



I finally finished painting my mudroom, and put my little penny rug valances that I made up. I can't show the floor cause Jeff still hasn't replaced the carpet:(







On Sunday we took Adam, Jess, and her BF Curtis and the dogs to Coe Hill for a day of fishing, hiking and smore's making over an open fire. The sun wasn't shining, but the leaves were beautiful anyway. It took me awhile, but I got a good fire going, and we had hot dogs, baked potatoes and smore's for an early dinner. It was pretty cool and windy, but we enjoyed ourselves.



Jess and Curtis playing games while the potatoes bake above, and some fun while eating smores below.



Jeff and I posing in front of this very tiny, but real church in Apsley, and yes my hair is dyed. I am back to colour on my head, I couldn't get used to the grey, and hubby sure tried to be as polite as could be about it...Man, he was so pleased when he came home Friday night and saw that the greys were gone!





Our little lake



Jess and Curtis coming out of the woods after a hike. I thought that it was strange that Curtis would have his shirt off on such a cool day, but he had gotten bitten twice by a wasp, and had to rip his shirt off to kill it. Oh these townies:)



Buddy in Jeff's lap



Jeff and Adam fishing on the lake



Mable our youngest dachshund was crazy enough to roll in deer skat; she was covered. I tried to wash her in the lake a bit before we left for home, just to get some of the smell off...yuck! Every few minutes one of us would have to put the window down just to get some fresh air in the car! When we got home I had to bathe her three times before I got her reasonably clean. Her long fur is covered in burr's, I actually cut about twenty or so out before Mable got tired of the whole business.
This is why I put up with such long winters in Ontario; isn't this beautiful??

Two very tired dogs on the way home.





Today is a stiff and sore day, but thats OK, it was worth it! My son Jake and daughter-in-law Kerri were getting the house emptied out today, and although their newly built house isn't quite ready, they have to get out of their place and put their things into storage for a few weeks. I offered to watch little Chip for the day, and he is a handful of a dog. With three dogs all day in the house, there was no lying in bed, so I got a lot of stuff done that I probably wouldn't have. I have been busy doing laundry, cleaning, and baking. An apple pie, a pumpkin pie, and lemon and raspberry tarts. Jeff's Uncle Bun, Aunt Joan, (from Edmonton) Uncle Harold and Aunt Phyllis are coming to help us eat it tonight.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway on the post below this one for the heart penny rug kit:)



Wooly hugs,
Trudy

Comments

  1. Beautiful foliage pictures.
    Youre in Canada?

    LOVE your mudroom color AND the valances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Trudy, your trees are way ahead of ours here in Pa.

    Just love your penny valances... such talent!

    I've been to Canada and found it chilly even in July:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trudy ~ can't believe how much color you have up there ~ our leaves have barely started to turn!! I love your hair! and I love your valances!! Great pictures and hope your trip to woods agreed with you today!!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trudy,

    Our trees look alot like yours. I guess us Canadians change color quicker...

    I LOVE your penny rug valances...they are beautiful!!!
    I would of never thought to make them into valances. You must of made them yourself.

    Where about in New Brunswick did you visit? I am sure you drove right by my town. We are just off of the highway...Grand Falls. We are known for our Falls. And yes I do very much agree with you that our roads are horrible!!! I can't understand why they wont fix them properly.

    I am originally from Ontario myself. Born in Brampton and raised in Georgetown. I love to visit but am very happy to live in NB to raise my family. We live a much slower pace of life. And now for me this is home. I have been here for almost 19 years.

    Thanks for dropping by and I will be back to visit. I just love your penny rugs :)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trudy, Love your valances and your hair. You took alot of very nice pics and thanks for sharing them with us. I'm all the way down in Missouri. It will be awhile before our trees start turning, but they've said they should be spectacular this year 'cause of all the rain we had.
    Have a great week,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trudy, I'll echo everyone else. I love your foliage, your hair, your penny valences and your pictures! I literally live for fall and your pictures remind me of Maine with the stunning reds. Our trees here are just beginning to show a little bit of color.

    It sure looks like you had a wonderful time at the lake. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:16 PM

    Trudy,
    I had a good laugh at your brother-in-law with the antlers...just too funny! Your hair is a great color, and I love your photo in front of the tiny church. Your penny valances came out beautiful, and you really pulled together the colors in that room. We are lucky to have beautiful foliage here in Maine too, and the colors will keep getting brighter for another week or two. Then the rakes come out! Thank you for sharing your photo's with us! Hugs, Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful autumn scenes, just love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through Rondell's blog and I'm so glad....enjoyed reading. THe trees are beautiful there. They haven't started turning yet here in Alabama. I will be visiting you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Trudy, what wonderful pictures!! And what a wonderful day for you and your family! I bet you WERE sore and achy the next day girl! But, like you said, well worth it!! :D The colors on your trees are just breathtaking - ours have just barely started to turn here... we don't usually get a full on fall until about the end of october!
    LOL you cracked me up with the antlers, and your hair! My hubby doesn't like it when i dye mine!! He wants me to be "au natural". ahem... i probably have more gray than you do... and it was definitely time to do something, cuz i looked like i was 20 years older!! sheesh.
    You are so blessed Trudy!! What a wonderful family and surroundings! I pray that you recoup quickly so you won't hesitate to do it again girlfriend!
    Lova ya!!!
    xo Bren :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trudy...I always love your photos! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself...love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...