Tuesday, May 20th.

Well, my daughter Jessica and her friend Jenna have gotten in 2 weeks of training, and now working at the Fairmont Algonquin in St. Andrews New Brunswick. She says that it is one of the most beautiful places that she has ever seen. I miss her like mad, although we text each other several times a day, and I talk to her on the phone for about 45 minutes every other day. She isn't online much, so I don't get to see as many pic's from her as I would like to, but she did manage to send some a few days ago. Except for the weather, which has been unseasonably cold and rainy (as it has been here), they are settling in well. Jeff and I (along with his Mom and Dad) have planned a 2 week driving trip to see Jess in July. We have been very busy mapping the route and booking hotels ect. Of course, I have planned little visits in almost every town that I 'know' that has a wool shop; how convenient:) We are also going to stop in Amherst so that I can see Deanne Fitzpatrick's store...I am so excited about that. She is an amazing Rug hooker/Fibre artist, and I can't wait to see her work in person. I shudder to think what the gas will cost us for this trip (never mind the wool and patterns), as it's already at 125.9 per litre today:( Jess, I hope that you get the winter coat today that I mailed last week; darn I just remembered that I didn't pack the mittens:(

I will 'journal' our trip from my blog and I hope to keep it up while we are gone, so that I will have a record of it. I am hoping that I can upload my pics that I take on a regular basis to my Webshots account, and write a little blurb saying where they are taken, as my MS doesn't allow me to remember stuff like that after. I would love to meet up with any of my 'online' hooker and penny rugger friends that live on the East coast, so feel free to send me a note:) Now I must remember to ask my son Jake if I can borrow his laptop for the trip:)
Here are a couple of pics of Jess and Jenna in St. Andrew's By The Sea, in New Brunswick.





You know that Spring is here, when Jeff and I go lilac hunting.


My hubby Jeff picking lilacs on Armour Hill, the highest point of our little town.

Me, trying to read a book with dogs all over my lap!


The front of our little house, where flowers and weeds are popping up everywhere. These gardens are all new, cause our land is mostly sand and the grass was terrible. I thought that it would 'look' better with flowers and plants instead. This will be our third year living in our 'forever' house, and the first full year for these gardens. Of course, I am always tweaking, dividing, and moving stuff, so they do change frequently. The pic's below are from the front garden.





Our buckeye tree in the backyard, getting ready to flower.



Our Crab apple tree in the backyard. There were hundreds of bee's busy gathering the pollen from this tree. When you stood underneath it, the buzzing sound was very creepy!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:49 PM

    Trudy, how I love, love, love all of your pictures! And I envy you all of your lilacs since ours have already gone by and I never got the chance to go outside and get a good sniff.

    Your trip sounds to be wonderful but I don't envy you the gas prices. My MIL is making some noises about us coming "home" this summer or fall but the drive from Kansas to Maine is out of our price range unless the gas prices come back down.

    I also have to tell you that I love your "little" house and what you've done to the yard. I've often dreamed of being able to do something like that with our yard but we live in a subdivision where those large green expanses of lawn are practically mandatory. Our little house is on the corner of a cul-de-sac so the lawn is huge and gets bigger every year. I've been planning some landscaping in the back yard for two years and hoped to get the dry stream bed in this year but my leg/back put that all on hold since I don't think I'm going to be capable of hauling rock this summer.

    But I had to let you know that your pictures are lovely......I stop by at least once a day, looking for updates.
    JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. St, Andrews is a wonderful little town. The girls will love it once summer really hits!! If I can answer any questions about something you wanted to see while you are down let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy ~ I, too, love your 'little' house and gardens ~ charming, they are!! Your pictures are beautiful!
    I try not to envy people or things but ~ I do envy your trip to Deanne Fitzpatrick's!! I just recently became familiar and enamored of her work ~ she's on my list of classes I would like to take! I will definitely check in on your travel journal ~ have a great time!! Alice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...