Tuesday night


I heard on the news tonight that it is only 30 days until SPRING!!! So this tree toad is my pic of the week. He just reminds me of summer.

When I look out over my backyard, I can just barely see where my veggie garden should be; all nicely fenced to keep out the bunnies and groundhogs. I can't see the top of the fence yet, as its buried in snow, but I can imagine it. This has been the longest winter that we have had in Peterborough Ontario for quite some time. Everyone is getting more miserable each day that brings another snow storm, or those freezing, howling winds.

DH is driving me crazy with his moods; I thought that only women could get PMS? I am about ready to throw my wool stash in a bag and sneak off quietly to warmer regions for the next 30 days.

Our oldest weiner dog Buddy turned 14 on Sunday, and he is not a fan of winter. He lays in front of the fire all day, snoring:(

My rant is over, and I will head back to work on a little runner that I am making for DH's Aunt Carol. Hubby and fam are Irish, and Carol's 65th birthday is the week before St. Paddy's Day, so I must finish it on time. Carol has been so good to me over the years, and although I don't tell her often enough, I do love her dearly. So she will receive a shamrock penny rug for her buffet table. (her request) She is pretty crafty in a more folk art way (painting/wood) where I prefer to make primitive stuff. I have compromised my prim principles for just this one time...she's worth it, and I know that she will love it.

I'll post a pic when I get it done. I am also hoping to get to work on a challenge from my rug hooking group. Its due at the end of March; I think. I have my pattern drawn, and have sort of picked out the wools that I will use, so once I have completed Carol's gift, I can get hooking.

Comments