Some great Links for you.


Gen over at Ewenique Treasures is having an Easter Basket decorating challenge, and I thought that I would give it a go:) Anyone can join in, here is a link to the fun: Easter Basket Challenge or click on the bunny as well. The rules are pretty simple:
The Easter Basket Challenge will be: to create an easter gathering; however, you cannot use the typical easter basket to assemble it.

Be creative and use something else besides a basket... for instance you could use sand pails, enamelware bowls, treenware boxes etc or anything else as your "basket" container.

Fill those baskets up with whatever you like. The deadline is March 6th. Come on and join me in the fun. I already have a ton of ideas buzzing around in my head, cause Easter means that winter is almost over, and I can't wait for that to happen!


It's been awhile since I have posted any of the great links that I have found. Shame on me, not sharing them with you:(

Fabric Flower Garland with mini lights

From Real Simple, 99 low cost ways to organize.

Rough hands? When doing needlework, you notice if your hands are at all rough, and in the winter when it is so very dry inside, I notice it especially! Over at Mary's popular (at least with me it is) blog called: Needle n Thread there is a great post for a natural hand softener/smoother, using just a couple of things you already have in your kitchen. I tried it, and it works great.

For all of you stitchers, I encourage you to join Stitchin Fingers. Its a collection of groups for almost all kinds of stitching, and the amount of talent and knowledge there is amazing! There is a forum as well as different groups you can join depending on your interest, and I is growing daily.

Flikr has a few zillion photos, and tutorials with groups that you can join also, and I just wanted to list a few that I belong to. The nice thing with Flikr is you just use your Yahoo ID to join and log in, so you don't have yet another ID to remember.

Here are some of the Flikr groups I belong to:


Ga Ga for Garlands


The Embroidery Group


I Made It Myself Group


Arts and Crafts Tutorials


Embroidered Art


Country Primitives


In Stitches

I encourage you to explore Flikr, you will find something great I'm sure, and then you can come back and tell me about it, so that I can join!


Sherry of Annie's Cupboards has some gorgeous free patterns, and here is a link to her blog which has even more. Annie's blog



Anne at Bunny Hill Designs does quilting and sewing and is sharing a BOM which is also adaptable for stitching. She also has some great free patterns for baby blankies and stuffed toys.




Marilyn at The Toymaker has some wonderful FREE paper toys that you can make. Games, toys, boxes, bags, bookmarks and stories, there are alot of things to keep your little ones imaginations soaring.


Laurie at Prairie Edge Primitive has a great tutorial for making these heart pinkeeps. I think that they would make great bowlfillers as well, and she has made it look so easy, that I will add it to my huge pile of things I wanna make:)

Ginger at Primitives by the light of the Moon has another spring doodle that she is sharing with us. If you don't have Ginger's blog in your favorites, I urge you to visit, and you will be so amazed at her talents and her generosity, I just love visiting her blog every day.

Ginger also has a great tutorial if you are interested in starting miniature needle punch. Indeed, the little needle punched Santa that she sent my for an ornie swap at Christmas has inspired me to take on yet another craft.


How to make a Chipmunk Softie with an old glove. This one looks easy enough for me to try! I have a ton of single gloves in the mitten cupboard.


Lucy at Attic24 shows us how to make these great crocheted flowers and leaves. They would look great as a barrette, on gifts, bags or outfits.

For all of you bloggers that like to mess aroung with your templates (so far I have been to afraid to do anything new) Easy Custom Blogs has some great tutorials. If I post the link here, then I'll remember where it is and go and learn something. I won a Photoshop Elements last week on a giveaway, and I can't wait to learn how to use it.

Another place for blogging help is Blogbusters.


For lots of great clipart, and an interesting blog go to: Pennywigs. She also has a lot of good blog page tips too.

Well, thats it for now, enjoy the day:)

Comments

  1. WOW lots of great links thank you for posting all of those. And thanks so much for mentioning the challenge on my blog so glad you are joining in with us on the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Trudy, lots of links, now I'll have to spend a little bit of time on these. I need to join some flicker groups. Need more hours in the day.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the links. I may have to join in on the easter basket contest. Sounds like a lot of fun.

    Have a happy day

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Trudy, like I don't have enough that keeps me on the computer...you have to go and add all these great links for me to spend time on too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trudy, I am just emerging from newborn baby fog, and am finally seeing pics of your new grandson! Congratulations, he is beautiful!!! My Lil' Cherub and your grandson were close in size (she was 8 and 7.6) I am starting to get a handle on time management with three little ones, so hopefully I'll be able to check out all of those wonderful links you've posted! Thanks for sharing and take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for these great links!!!

    I had never thought about Flicker have groups! WOW!!!!

    Fellow Stitchin' Fingers friend here!
    Love that place!!!

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:35 PM

    i love the little squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...