Our first Grandchild...finally!

He is offically called Owen William Lawson





I couldn't get these pictures to load via email, so I thought that I would post them on my blog for you all to see.








After being over a week late, our grandchild decided to make his entrance into his new Momma and Dad's world, with much fanfare. Poor Kerri had 43 1/2 hours of difficult labour, and then the doc decided that the little guy wasn't going to come out on his own after all, so they went ahead and delivered him at 2210 hours on February 16th by Cesarean section. By this point Kerri (and Jake) were so exhausted both mentally and physically, that they didn't care how he was going to be born, they just wanted him out! Kerri's Mom and Dad, (Julie and Paul) and I had been in the birthing room with her since about 4:00 pm (Kerri's Mom was there for the whole time but I didn't go until four) and she was really suffering for quite some time. After the little guy was born we got to sneak back in to see him get weighed and measured. He is 8 lbs. 7 ounces, and 21 inches long, with the longest blonde eyelashes I have ever seen on a babe.

For my son Jake, it was love at first sight. There is nothing so special as when you see new life, especially for the parents. I was pretty chuffed with his perfectness as well:) We took a few pics and got out of there so that Mom, Dad and baby could bond.

I am still on cloud nine:) I also forgot in my excitement that today is my injection day, so while I wait for my medicine to warm up, I thought that I would show the pictures of Baby Boy Lawson. Still to be named.....an update from last night, they have officially called him Owen William Lawson.

Of course I will be on Gammy overload with the camera for awhile, so if you aren't as fond of babies like me, then you will just have to gloss over them. I absolutely cannot wait to hold him in my arms, I really can't.

What a beautiful baby boy you have created Jake and Kerri, he is so lucky to have parents such as yourselves. I know without a single doubt, that children cannot be spoiled with love, and trust me, this little guy is going to be getting a LOT of love.











Even have a short video of the little guy:)


Comments

  1. congratulations, he is gorgeous!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you Trudy he is perfect, the pictures are just beautiful it looks like I could just reach in the screen and pick him up:) He is just beautiful!!! I can hear the pride and wonder in your voice:)

    I commend her mother for being with her all that time, I was with Michele all the time... twice!!! A harrowing but beautiful experinence:0
    Be sure to post his name and just have a wonderful time with him.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Oh, the poor mama ~ that's along labor and then to have a c-section ~ hope all is well today!! Congratulations to you all ~ I know you're thrilled!!! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Trudy ~ he is just precious !
    Janae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, Trudy!! You're going to have so much fun being a Grandma! Special congratulations to Jake and Kerri on producing such a beautiful baby.

    My prayers and good thoughts are with Kerri. I hope she recovers from her ordeal without any lasting effects. That long of a labor takes time to recoup from, to say nothing of the c-section.

    Enjoy, Trudy!! Enjoy every blessed minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS to you and your family, he is a darlin!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Grammy and Mommy and Daddy! What a beautiful baby boy...can't wait to hear what they call him :)
    I hope Mommy has a speedy recovery.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations he is absolutely adorable. You are going to have so much fun with this little one!
    :)Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congradulations!!! He is one healthy looking baby.. Give him a hug from me.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I just came across your blog and wanted to say congratulations. He is just adorable! You will enjoy being a grandmother more than you can imagine. I am a pro at it by now. Our oldest grandson is 12 years old. We have six grandsons and are expecting #5 & #6 granddaughters right now - one any day and the other in May. So with 6 grandsons and six granddaughters, you know we are two busy grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to everyone in the family!! He looks great. Have fun with the new Grammy role.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's a big beautiful boy! Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! What a sweetie! I feel for your DIL...I was in labor for 16 hours with my son before they did a c-section. And I said the same thing...just get him outta there!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just stumbled onto your blog this afternoon and wanted to say congrats, he's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Trudy !! He is just beautiful and you can never have enough pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...