If its Tuesday, it's Avonex day:( and fudge day.


I did a little outside decorating yesterday....thanks Nancy for the greenery!



My mother-in-law Jackie, telling me stories:)




I had to make my brother Tony some Maple Fudge, as he has been so good to me this past month, not that he needs it but....

Here is the recipe:

Maple Fudge

4 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 tablespoons butter

Mix the first four ingredients into a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring occaisonally. Once it comes to a boil, stop stirring and let it boil until mixture reaches the soft ball stage. Thats when you drop a bit into a glass of cold water, and it forms a soft ball.

Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla, and give it a stir. Watch, cause the vanilla will make it boil up a bit. Leave it to cool for a bit and butter an 8X8 inch pan.

Using your trusty wooden spoon, start stirring the fudge. Keep on stirring until it starts to lose its gloss. Quickly pour into the pan. Cut it before it cools off to much, or it will break apart like mine always does.


Today is my first day on the Avonex for my MS. The nurse is coming at 10:30 to train me and to show me how to give myself a shot. I'm not nervous about that part, it's the after effects that I'm not looking forward to!

It went well. I didn't even feel the needle! Of course she brought me a auto-injector, which made it much easier.

Now, I am going to make a lemon pie, cause if you feel sick, you have to have lemon!

Comments

  1. Trudy,
    You are such an encouragement to me.I know that you have been through alot and just seeing how you pick yourself up and go on and run this race!What really blessed my heart was when you said
    "Now, I am going to make a lemon pie, cause if you feel sick, you have to have lemon!"
    I keep you in my prayers always! May you have a Blessed holiday!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trudy

    Thanks for being one of my PIF-fers - I hope you enjoy it. Could you email me with your address and I'm coming back to your blog a little to get to know you better!
    I hope you get on OK today.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trudy, I came across your blog awhile back and was interested in your MS stories. My dad has MS..he has had it for 35 years. It has been a long, long struggle for him, and he's pretty much completely dependent on others at this point, but he keeps his spirit up amazingly well. He was on Avonex for years when I was growing up...but like you said the side effects ended up being too much for him and he went off of it. But I hope that you find success with it, and that the side effects won't be too terrible for you! I admire my father, and you, and everyone out there that struggles with MS every day. It is such a "personal" thing to have, in that it affects everyone so differently..I think that would make it hard to deal with because there isn't another people out there that truly knows what you go through because each case is so individualized. Anyway..sorry I wrote you a book just now! I just wanted to say hello, and say that I admire your strength in the face of such a difficult disease to have. I will be thinking about you..good luck with everything! <3Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already started your decorating?!? God bless you!
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyday should be a Fudge day! And for that matter Lemon Pie. Thank you for your inspiration, good humor and the recipe Trudy! You made me think of my Grandma, she always made "Brown Sugar" fudge....I just can't make fudge.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trudy...

    I love your arrangement!!!
    It looks absolutely faboulous :)

    I must give that fudge a try...I am sure hubby would love it. He has a sweet tooth :)

    I hope your meds will help you. I HATE needles!!! Right now I take Remicade for my AS...it takes almost 4 hours to receive this infusion. I hate it every time I go, it is every 6 weeks. They always seem to have a hard time finding my veins which makes matters worse. But I am finding that it does help but they also are giving me cortisone for the stiffening of my joints. The things we have to go through but as you said it...making lemon pies. I love how you keep such high spirits. You are a absolute inspiration to me!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trudy, you are truly of a Brave Heart! I admire your strength and courage so very much. Keep on going, girl!!!

    Maple Fudge, hey? I may have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fudge looks wonderful & I think I will try this one.
    Prim Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...