Saying goodbye is hard.





We are a very quiet house here today; Brani flew back home to Slovakia on Sunday,and this time he wont be back in September as he is hoping to play hockey on the Czech Elite team. If that wasn't bad enough, Jess has started her countdown calender on the blackboard for her four month trip to New Brunswick:( She leaves May 5th, and returns September 1st...yikes!! I am so glad for text messaging, email, Skype and Facebook, at least I can keep in touch with Brani and Jess.

Now that things are quieter you would think that I would be rug hooking or crocheting like mad...but no; I can't seem to settle to anything yet. I have promised Jess an afghan to take to NB, and have started it, but I don't have a lot of time left, and should get moving. My rug hooking challenge for Wool Snippets has fallen way behind. There is no way that I am going to get it finished by midnight, so I will work on it after the afghan is done. I also have a baby blanket to make, and I hope that I will be busy in the gardens soon.

Maybe I should clean the house today since it isn't sunny? Seems strange to be able to sit for 5 minutes without someone or a dog interrupting. I guess that I'll get used to it over the summer. Then, bang..Jess will be back for her last year of college, and we will get a new Peterborough Pete's player. I think that for today anyway, I'll just sit in my chair and enjoy the peace.

Wooly hugs,

Trudy

Comments

  1. Sometimes just sitting and relaxing is a good thing...we don't have to feel guilty about it but somehow we still do. After all the busy family time it is nice to do nothing!! Nice to hear about a rug hooker who isn't too far away. I too used to be a regular on Wool Snippets but just haven't been on that site in ages..good luck with your challenge piece...maybe I'll check out Snippets again if I can remember how to get on the site again! Cheers Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trudy
    Thanks for stopping by The Red Door blog and linking us to your blog...THANK YOU!!!! I will add you to ours.
    And...we are only a 3 hour drive from Peterborough...wink wink.
    The local hooking group may be doing a hook-in at the shop in July...if you would be interested I could pass the date along when I get it.
    I'm working on a little hooked penny rug at the moment...I'll post pics to the blog.
    Cheers
    Jackie
    PS:
    Jackie is the hooker
    Terry is the stripper(strips antique furniture...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog today, it means alot! I'll need a lot of hand holding as I get started, I've got TONS of questions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love your opinion...